Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dinosaur Baseball

Good evening readers! It's a lovely Sunday night in Brooklyn as I'm prepping to watch the Rock of Love II season finale. Ah, life is good. I'm dvring it, so I can watch it commercial free, in case you were wondering about my television viewing habits. And I know you are!

This weekend was probably one that will go down in the history books. Well, it will be pretty memorable for me until the next awesome weekend that comes along. I randomly decided that I was going to go to Philly for the night earlier in the week. I had a birthday party Friday night, and you all know how I feel about parties. Love them! I didn't meet any cuties, but I did have a grand old time laying on the soft shoe for most of the night. Whatever that means! New York can get a little intense sometimes, so a night away was perfecto. My cousin and I took a long ass train down there to meet up with our other cousin. I only ever hang out with family members. It's just the way of the Goonies. And Goonies never say die!

Whenever I hang out with my family (which is always as you now know), we end up inventing about 25-30 new catch phrases within 5 minutes of being around each other. It's amazing, but anyone not involved in the creation of the phrases may feel a little put out and probably pretty freaked out. Our standard recipe of fun is: catch phrase, rinse, repeat. Basically, the whole time spent in Philly was repeating all of the funny things we came up with in the course of hanging out for a good couple of hours. At one point, I said, "I like things." Truest statement everrrrr.

So, as you can probably tell, this post will not really cover anything about dating or New York for that matter. Sometimes I have to deviate! I did go on a date in the middle of the week that I will tell you all about later.

My cousins are crazy in the best way possible. When my cousin, Chris, was a kid, he was so obsessed with dinosaurs that he made his teacher call him Reptile instead of Chris. Awesome. My cousin, Ali, drank 8 beers on Thursday night just for the hell of it. Hardcore. So, while at Chris' apartment in Philly, while we were drinking Sparks Plus (sparks plus), we invented the best game known to man. Dinosaur Baseball.

For some reason, Chris had a bag full of little plastic dinosaurs. At one point, he was standing in his living room holding a whiffle bat and the idea was born. I said, "Where is that bag of dinosaurs you were telling me about?" The next 30 minutes were spent by one person lobbing a little plastic dinosaur at another person who is up to bat. Let me tell you, I am amazing at Dinosaur Baseball. I hit almost everyone of those little dinosaurs thrown my way. The next morning, we woke up and there were teeny tiny dinosaurs spread through out the apartment. I stepped on a few of them stumbling out of bed in the morning.

Ahhhhh, the rest of the night, we just drank more and played some Wii. We were trying to rally to go out to a bar, but that just never happens when I go to Philly. We always end up having so much fun just hanging out that we rarely make it out.

Good times, good times. Ok, I'm going to finish watching Rock of Sluts Deuce. A-mazing show.

No comments: