Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Beginnings

My adventure begins! Or at least the documentation of my adventures is beginning. My sister has urged me to start a blog about dating in New York and the funny men I come across. I thought for the longest time that this was a played-out idea that had been sampled by many other young New York women. It makes sense! Finding a single straight man in NYC is probably one of the hardest things to do. Well, let's rephrase - finding a single straight man in NYC who I want to date is one of the hardest things. There are great men out there, but I can't seem to find the ones who want to make out with me as much as I want to make out with them.

This blog will contain my current adventures in dating as well as old adventures, just because there are some funny ones that just NEED to be talked about, er blogged about. I'm new to blogging; I don't exactly have blog-speak down. Anyway, I hope you (whoever you might happen to be) will be entertained by my inane ramblings about crazy me and crazy people.

So to begin this adventure the right way, I am going speed dating tonight for the first time ever. Let me tell you, I am SO excited. I can't wait to see the type of people who show up and what will be discussed with my potential daters. I already have one question lined up, "If you could have either the ability to fly or the ability to be invisible, which would you choose? Why would you choose it?" It's a killer!!

I told my boss I felt like I was interviewing someone for the position of my boyfriend. She thought it was funny.

So wish me luck, e-people! I shall review in detail the adventures of this evening's venture.

xo

No comments: