Sunday, December 16, 2007

CLAWED

What a night! I frolicked in the streets of Brooklyn, had some festive drinks with friends (and new friends!), won an incredible prize, and showed a lot of love for my roommate.

My roommate and I began our night by eating delicious sushi and a fabu bottle of Saint-Emilion. We danced to Britney Spears before we left and taunting our cat by showing her our hot dance moves. She hasn't looked at us the same since. I think she's jealous.

To start the night off right, we begin walking to our friend's apartment and notice a claw machine outside of a bodega. Here is a cartoon rendition:

So, I say, "Let's win something for GENERIC FRIEND NAME!!!!" I got really excited because this machine was the bane of my existence when I was a child. The claw never really latched on and you were always disappointed, because you were always so close! I go into this thinking, whatever, I'm not going to win anything anyway, but it will be fun to try. (trickle of sweat running down brow) I go for the little snowman, festive, and what happens? I end up with two, not one or zero, toys! JOY!!! One is definitely a creepy clown that looks like it was dropped on the street then into the claw machine and the other is the snowman! My night is over! No need to go to the party. Wow, I'm amazing.

My roommate and I go running down the streets yelling in excitement, taking as many pictures with our new friends as possible. Walking across the street, riding on a motorcycle, almost being thrown over the bridge, etc. We make it to the party in great spirits ready for a fun evening. And oh was it! What a great party - so many fun people. Not too many eligible bachelors - my roommate ended up talking to a guy most of the night, who she later found out has a live-in girlfriend...okay buddy, nice move. I ended up propositioning the host to be brutally rebuffed. Ah, love the embarrassment.

BUT at one point during the night, my roommate called me into the this room where everyone just started applauding me. When does that ever happen! They were all just as excited about the double claw win as I was! Wonderful!

2 comments:

hannah said...

cartoon claw...mwahahahaha

Dating said...

Ah, love the embarrassment.